Summer’s almost here, which means you have just enough time to start prepping your skin for the season. It’s a good idea to swap out your heavier winter products for lighter, heat-friendly versions—and make sure you have a great sunscreen for everyday use. Here are our best skincare tips to get ready for the hot weather in Palatine, IL:
- Exfoliate weekly: Scrubbing your skin with a gentle exfoliant once or twice per week helps get rid of dead skin cells and bring fresh ones to the surface. Find two exfoliants—one for your face and one for your body—that are free of any harsh, irritating ingredients like nut shells. After you finish, moisturize thoroughly.
- Swap oil-based products for water-based versions: The heat and humidity can make your skin feel more oily than normal, especially if you use heavier oil-based moisturizers. Often, a lighter water-based face moisturizer is all you need to stay hydrated all day.
- Get a good sunscreen: You should wear sunscreen year-round, but especially during the intense summer heat. Get one for your face and one for your body—aim for at least 30 SPF for both, and go higher if you have very fair skin.
- Wash your face twice daily: Sweat, dirt and humidity can wreak havoc on your skin, so make sure you wash your face in the morning and evening every day. It’ll help keep your pores clear and remove any grime that accumulates during the day. Your skin will glow all season long.
- Find a self-tanner that works for you: As you know, tanning beds are seriously unhealthy, and laying out in the sun isn’t much better. Avoid the damaging UV rays—but still get that sun-kissed look—by using a buildable self-tanner. Opt for the lightest version possible for your skin tone, and make sure to moisturize your knees and elbows before applying. This will help you get the color you want without turning orange and blotchy.
- Look for a mattifying face mask: To cut down on oily summertime skin, find a mattifying face mask. They help draw out dirt, oil and other pore-clogging impurities to leave you with soft and matte skin. Plus, they’ll make your pores look smaller, so your skin looks great.
- Try lighter makeup: Finally, consider wearing less makeup throughout the season. Switch out heavy foundation and concealer for tinted moisturizer. Waterproof cream shadows, mascara and lip gloss are all you need for a seasonal look with great staying power.
Preparing your skin for summer is easy when you follow these tips in Palatine, IL. Plus, you’ll look great throughout the hot weather and humidity. If you need additional help making your skin look the best it possibly can, call Claude Thomas Salon & Spa today. Our stylists can recommend great products for your skin and hair when you book an appointment with us. A local fixture for more than 25 years, we’re proud to provide the services our clients need to look and feel their best!
Categorised in: Skin Care