If you take “new year, new me” to heart, then you should consider starting 2022 off fresh with a brand-new hairstyle. There are plenty of great new styles to choose from that are worn by a wide range of celebrities.
Keep reading to learn a few 2022 haircut trends for men and women.
Hair trends for women
Hairstyle trends come and go each year. Here are the top ones to expect in 2022:
- Broom: The broom haircut is a take of the classic bob hairstyle. It’s a one-length bob that rests about an inch below the chin. Unlike a traditional bob, this haircut doesn’t have layers and doesn’t allow for any movement.
- Octopus: The octopus cut is a modern take on the classic shag hairstyle. It combines layers around the head for plenty of movement along with face-framing bangs. This is a great style for those with thick hair as well as women with thinning hair.
- Undercut: Anyone with short hair will tell you it’s easy to maintain and keeps you feeling cool on muggy days. The undercut style is when the lengths are cut shorter on the sides and back, ensuring you feel just as cool as you look.
- Curtain bangs: Bangs have become increasingly popular in the past few years, and they’re only getting bigger this year. Seventies-inspired bangs that are split down the middle and swept to either side are known as curtain bangs, and haircare professionals think these will be hot in 2022.
- Modern bowl cut: A bowl cut doesn’t have to look like a haircut your mom gave you back in middle school. Modern bowl cuts make hair look thick and chic. Plus, your hair is easier to care for.
Hair trends for men
Men aren’t left out of the hair trends 2022. These are a few styles to consider if you’re looking for a hot new look:
- Neo-mullet: The mullet haircut trend from the 80s is back again in 2022. Instead of the traditional mullet (which was just longer in the back than the front), stylists are now adding a slight undercut to the back to give the hair a unique look.
- Afro-mullet: The Afro-mullet is one of the hair trends 2022 worn by athletes like Odell Beckham Jr. and R&B singer Usher. This cut is short on the sides and longer on the top and back. If you want to look like a superstar, get on board with the Afro-mullet.
- 1970s center part: Women are starting to wear their hair parted down the middle again and so are men. The 1970s center part is back now that many men are wearing their hair long again. The 70s center part is a great look for many guys when it’s textured and layered.
Find your new hairstyle today
If any of these 2022 haircut trends appeal to you, then come see our team at Claude Thomas Salon & Spa. Our stylists specialize in a wide array of hair design services to help you look and feel your best.
Categorised in: Trends