Do you want to wake up looking and feeling like a Disney princess? Do you want to drastically cut down on your makeup routine? Are your eyes your best feature, and you want to emphasize them?
There’s one great solution: eyelash extensions. If you’ve ever bemoaned your lack of eyelashes, extensions can help fill the gap.
Here’s what you need to know about eyelash extensions.
What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions are synthetic lashes. They’re glued onto your existing, natural lashes in order to give you a thicker, fuller look. Unlike false eyelashes, once your eyelash extensions are glued on, your only options are to wait for them to fall out naturally or to have them professionally removed. This may or may not be a problem for you, based on how fastidious you are about your appearance.
If you decide to get eyelash extensions, it’s crucial that you work with a legitimate, licensed and certified provider. Your eyes are very sensitive to infections and other problems, so you’ll want to make sure that you go to a safe and reputable aesthetician.
Pros and cons of eyelash extensions
There are plenty of pros and cons to getting eyelash extensions. You should make the choice depending on your specific health and skincare needs, beauty goals and budget. Here are some of the major pros and cons to consider:
- It’s customizable: False eyelash strips can make you look like you’re a contestant on RuPaul’s Drag Race—and not one of the ones who win. Eyelash strips have their place, but if you’re not drag-queen-level talented with your makeup, it’s simply not an everyday look. Eyelash extensions, on the other hand, are completely customizable. You can go full Drag Race or opt for something subtler.
- Your lashes last longer: As long as you avoid oily products near your eyes, rubbing your eyes or pulling out your extensions, your eyelash extensions can last longer than the two to three weeks recommended.
- Extensions require regular touch-ups: There’s no getting around the fact that your extensions will need regular touch-ups, even if you can avoid going in more than once per month. If you’re going to get extensions, keep in mind that they’re a commitment. Otherwise, you’ll have to wait for them to fall out.
- You’ll need professional removal: If you can’t stand that one last long lash, you’ll need a professional to remove it—that is, if you don’t want to pull out your natural lashes at the same time.
- Cut down on your morning routine: Eyelash extensions can make you look well rested and ready to go as soon as you roll out of bed. Cut down on your morning routine, and get more beauty sleep!
- Safely use with makeup: Finally, extensions are safe to use with makeup. You can still enjoy the dramatic cat-eye eyeliner, mascara and sparkly eyeshadow you always loved.
If you’re not sure about the pros and cons of eyelash extensions, talk to a stylist at Claude Thomas Salon & Spa today. Call to book your appointment and discuss your beauty goals.
Categorised in: Eyelash Extensions