Cold weather can be harsh on a lot of things, including your skin. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to keep your skin looking fresh and healthy even during the most frigid Chicagoland winters. From drinking an extra glass of water a day to indulging in a spa facial treatment, these steps are fairly simple and affordable. Here are seven tips you can try this season for proper winter skin care in Palatine, IL:
- Stay hydrated: It’s easier to remember to drink plenty of water on hot summer days. During the winter, hydration is just as important, when the humidity is low and can strip the moisture from your skin. Keep a water bottle handy and take sips throughout your day to keep your skin healthy and hydrated. If you prefer something with a little more flavor or heat, consider sipping on warm winter tea with lemon or ginger.
- Avoid overbathing: A long, hot bath might sound inviting during a cold winter evening, but keep in mind that this can dry out your skin. Long showers and baths as well as frequent bathing can strip away the natural oils on your skin, which keep it moist and healthy.
- Add humidity: Forced air heating systems can dry out your skin. To prevent this, consider using a humidifier. You can add a portable unit to the rooms where you spend the most time, or you may want to invest in a whole-house model that integrates into your home’s HVAC system.
- Treat yourself: A spa facial treatment in Palatine, IL can revive your skin and keep it healthy during the harsh winter. Visit your local salon and let a professional make your skin feel young and vibrant again.
- Moisturize thoroughly: For the best winter skin care in Palatine, IL, use an oil-based moisturizer during this season. Overnight deep moisturizer treatments also help, especially with particularly dry areas such as hands, feet and lips. Consider sleeping in socks and cotton gloves to help hold in the moisture all night.
- Change your cleanser: Does your cleanser contain glycolic or salicylic acid? These are common substances in body and face washes, but they are drying ingredients. For the winter season, choose a cleanser that is more moisturizing and hydrating for your skin, and follow up your cleansing routine with additional moisturizer.
- Exfoliate: Help regenerate your skin by removing dry, dead skin cells through exfoliation. This will encourage your skin to develop new cells that look and feel healthy and smooth. Consult with your local salon for recommended exfoliation treatments.
Look and feel your best
This winter, give your skin top treatment with appropriate winter skin care. Visit Claude Thomas Salon & Spa for a spa facial treatment in Palatine, IL and to stock up on products to keep your skin healthy this winter. Our knowledgeable staff will work to ensure you receive the quality products and services you deserve. Reach out to us today at 847-705-5999 with any questions or to schedule your next winter facial.
Categorised in: Skin Care