Now that 2021 is here, you’ve probably given some thought to New Year’s resolutions—but did you make any for your hair? Once the holiday parties (or Zoom calls) are over, it’s worth taking some time to think about your hair care routine. Make this year the best hair year ever by trying these healthy hair tips in Palatine, IL:
- Commit to air drying: If you’re addicted to the blow dryer, we don’t blame you—it’s often the fastest and easiest way to dry your hair before work or a big date. Unfortunately, all that hot air can damage your hair’s cuticles. Instead of blow drying, commit to letting your hair dry naturally once per week. Even partial blow drying is better than blasting it daily.
- Get a weekly treatment: Invest in a weekly hair treatment, like a deep conditioning mask. Not only will your strands look great, but it’s also a guaranteed moment of self-care. Everyone can use more of those.
- Try a new hairstyle: New year, new you? Get a new hairstyle to match. Plan out your salon appointments for the year and set reminders when it’s time to schedule them, then take your favorite styles to the salon for a new cut and color.
- Take vitamins to boost hair growth: Good hair starts with good nutrition. Get a vitamin designed to boost your hair, skin and nails—pre-natal vitamins are often great for hair—to nourish your hair from the inside.
- Work with your natural texture: Who has time to fight with their hair every day? It can be very freeing to work with your natural hair texture, not against it. Ditch the straightener or the curling iron, and opt for cuts and styles that make the most of your natural texture. The best way to get Pinterest-worthy hair is to work with what you’ve got. Ask your stylist for advice on the best cuts for your natural hair.
- Wash your hair less often: If your hair is often an oily, greasy mess on day two or three, try washing it less often. Not only is that better for your hair, but slightly dirty hair holds styles (like chignons and braids) better than squeaky-clean strands. Get a great dry shampoo to absorb the oil. Bonus: it adds volume.
- Invest in a silk pillowcase: Silk pillowcases are excellent for preserving a smooth texture. Cotton is breathable and comfortable, but it can actually encourage your hair to tangle. If you wake up with frizzy hair, buy a silk pillowcase. Your hair will glide across the fabric instead of tangling.
- Try natural hair products: Do you know what’s in your hair products? You might be using products that strip your hair of its natural oils and leave it a mess. Look for hydrating natural products rich in vitamins and minerals.
Whatever your New Year’s hair resolutions in Palatine, IL, the stylists at Claude Thomas Salon & Spa can help you achieve them. Call us today to book your next appointment.
Categorised in: Hairstyle