Best Hairstyles for New Year’s Eve (Even if You’re Staying Home)
December 29, 2020 Leave your thoughts
This New Year’s Eve, most of us will be staying home on the couch to ring in 2021—but that doesn’t mean you have to stay in your pajamas, unless you want to. The holiday weekend is the perfect time to try out new looks and share the winners on Instagram. Staying home is no reason to skip the sparkle.
Here are some great New Year’s Eve hairstyle ideas in Palatine, IL:
- Get out the bling: New Year’s Eve is a great time to break out the sparkly hair accessories. Rhinestone barrettes are great for pinning back your hair (ideal if you’re going to have a living room dance party), but don’t stop there. You can even repurpose your favorite jewelry, like chokers, by pinning them into your hair. Of course, if you’ve got a tiara—rhinestone, New Year’s Eve-themed or otherwise—you should design your hairstyle around that.
- Slicked-back waves: For this look, either curl your hair into big, voluminous waves or let your natural wavy/curly texture come through. Using pins or barrettes, slick back the crown and pin it, letting the rest of the waves fall free.
- Low ponytails and braids: Low ponytails and braided ponytails offer a chic, elegant look. You might opt for a “wet look” with gel, or wrap pieces of your hair around the ponytail holder for a seamless look.
- Make it big: If subtle isn’t your thing, New Year’s Eve is a great opportunity to pump up the volume. Straight-haired people can curl their hair into tight ringlets, brush out and tease at the crown for extra volume, while curly or wavy-haired people can make the most of their natural volume by letting it dry naturally.
- Triple ponytail: For a unique look, try a triple ponytail. Gather a layer of hair at the back of your crown, tie that into a ponytail, then repeat with a second layer, including the first ponytail. Finish with a third ponytail and pin the bottom into a chignon.
- Face-framing updos: One of 2020’s biggest trends featured face-framing pieces, which look great with any updo or ponytail. Use a big-barreled curling iron to add soft waves.
- High ponytails: High ponytails are always a great party look, especially when you combine them with big curls, waves or fun accessories. Use face-framing pieces to soften the look, or slick it back for a stylish, simple appearance.
- Natural hair: If you have naturally curly or kinky hair, let it loose. Big, natural hair looks beautiful hanging loose or adorned with jeweled barrettes. Pin back the crown for a voluminous half-up, half-down look.
- Unexpected accessories: Finally, make your accessories fun. If you want to stand out, try something unexpected. Fresh flowers, fascinators, jewelry, tinsel and more can be used to great effect.
Get your New Year’s Eve hairstyle done right in Palatine, IL when you book an appointment with Claude Thomas Salon & Spa. Contact us today to get on our schedule—we look forward to helping you ring in 2021 in style!
Categorised in: Hairstyle