What Are the Different Types of Hair Extensions?
You can spend years growing your hair out and never achieve the full, luscious locks you see celebrities sporting on Instagram and in magazines. Even with regular visits to your hair stylist, the best hair care products and limited use of harmful treatments and heated styling tools, your natural hair may never get as long or as full as you hope. If that’s the case for you, you might look into the different types of hair extensions available at our salon in Palatine, IL.
Different hair extension types
While we’ve all seen the clip-in hair extensions in Palatine, IL grocery stores and big-box retailers, the extensions you get at our salon are of much higher quality in every way. Even high-end store-bought extensions don’t offer the natural aesthetic you want to achieve for your hair. These options also don’t stay put as well as professionally-applied extensions. If you want your tresses to look naturally grown out and voluminous, work with a stylist who knows hair extensions:
- Strand by strand: We attach small bundles of hair to a section of your existing hair. They stay in place with either locks or keratin polymers. Strand by strand hair extensions last for two to six months.
- Hair wefts: A weft is multiple strands of hair attached to a fine strip of fabric. There are several methods for adding wefts to your head, including adhesives, braiding and locks. Hair wefts stay in place for six to eight weeks. Some hair wefts are available as clip-in hair extensions in Palatine, IL. Professionally applied clip-in hair wefts last much longer than store-bought DIY versions.
- Braided hair extensions: Using either weft human hair, bulk human hair or synthetic hair, extensions are braided into your existing hair using various techniques, including tree braiding, cornrowing and strand braiding. These extensions last in your hair everywhere from two weeks to two months, depending on the braiding method your stylist uses.
- Seamless hair extensions: Similar to hair wefts, extensions are attached to tiny pieces of polymer or silicone. There’s an adhesive included on these wefts to apply the extension to your existing hair. Seamless hair extensions last for up to 10 weeks.
- Invisible hair extensions: This option is for people with extremely thin hair or thinning hair. Depending on the extent of your hair breakage or loss, your stylist may recommend combining invisible hair extensions with other methods, including crown hair extension, ¾ head coverage or non-surgical grafting techniques.
Maybe you’re looking into extension options because you, like many women, are battling hair loss. Whether you suffer from alopecia, trichotillomania or another condition that causes hair loss, Claude Thomas Salon & Spa is here to help you find the right solution for maintaining beautiful tresses. We provide a judgment-free salon environment focused on making you feel as gorgeous as you are, with or without extensions.
If you’re ready to see what types of hair extensions in Palatine, IL make the most sense for you, make an appointment with one of our stylists to discuss your options. Get in touch with us now to book your appointment or get answers to any questions about hair extensions.
Categorised in: Hair Extensions