Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone has spent weeks stuck at home, unable to go about their regular lives. This means not getting into your favorite salon for haircuts, manicures and other beauty services. With all of the stress of staying home while the world faces these uncertain circumstances, take some time to treat yourself to an at-home facial in Palatine, IL.
Giving yourself a facial at home
As much as we would all love for the world to get back to normal sooner rather than later, we have to be patient as the country attempts to flatten the curve. That doesn’t mean you can’t take some time to care for yourself, such as administering a DIY facial in Palatine, IL:
- Start with some water: Mix up a cool, refreshing glass of cucumber water to relax before you start your facial.
- Wash your face twice: You are going to cleanse your skin twice to start your facial with a clean palette. First, use an oil-based cleanser to remove dead skin cells and any lingering makeup. Follow up by cleansing with a cream or foaming wash that you rinse off using a warm washcloth.
- Exfoliate your skin: Using either a facial scrub or chemical exfoliant, get rid of the excess oil and any remaining dead skin cells that prohibit the other products you’ll apply from really penetrating.
- Face mask: DIY face masks in Palatine, IL are trending, and for good reason: they’re a great way to replenish your skin. For your facial, use a face mask that meets your current needs. For example, if you are experiencing a breakout, apply a clay-based mask infused with vitamin C. For dry skin, put a mask on that replenishes hydration, leaving your face feeling supple.
- Steam during your mask: While wearing your at-home face mask in Palatine, IL, steam your face to allow your pores to open up and soften the skin. Fill a large bowl with hot water and orange slices, place a towel over your head and position your head over the bowl.
- Massage with moisturizer: Once you’ve removed your at-home face mask in Palatine, IL, grab your favorite moisturizer or serum and massage these products in circular motions into your skin. You can apply multiple moisturizers, but put them on in order of thinnest formula to thickest.
Other ways to take care of your skin
Besides giving yourself an at-home facial in Palatine, IL, there are other ways you can keep your skin healthy during the quarantine. Start with thoroughly cleaning your makeup brushes and getting rid of any old, expired facial products. Maintain your eyebrows by regularly plucking stray hairs. More than anything, take the time every day to wash and moisturize your face.
While we are excited to reopen on Monday, June 1, the entire staff at Claude Thomas Salon & Spa are dedicated to keeping our clients safe when they come back in. We will book up quickly, so make your appointment now and, in the meantime, unwind with a DIY facial in Palatine, IL. We can’t wait to see you in person soon!
Categorised in: Facials