There are three kinds of people when it comes to hair. Either you’re the type of person who has maintained the same hair style for years, you’re someone who tries a new look on a regular basis or you really don’t care what your hair looks like. No matter which category you fall into, your hairstyle should be manageable and able to hold through your busiest days.
Sometimes, though, a change can be good—especially when going through a major life change. Find an experienced, patient hairstylist you can trust, and bring them photos of styles you like.
If you’re not sure which direction to go, schedule an appointment with a professional hairstylist in Palatine, IL who can recommend a few dramatic hairstyle changes that work best for your face shape. With this in mind, let’s take a look at five possible new hair styles and changes to consider:
- Add layers: Many people are scared of layers for one reason or another. There was that time when the stylist went scissor-happy and cut way too many layers, or you went home with layers so short all around your head that it made styling impossible. However, some layering is good. Layers frame the face, create depth and can add body and shape to your hair. Properly cut layers also make thicker hair more manageable and can give thin hair a boost.
- Try bangs: Most everyone has thought about or tried bangs. The thing about bangs is that some people look really good with them, while others have instant regret. If you can pull off this look, then you’ve achieved a great, yet simple hairstyle change. Note that bangs can be a lot of work to take care of.
- Cut it short: It takes years to grow hair long, and only seconds to chop it off, but a short haircut might be the perfect dramatic hairstyle change you’ve been looking for. Whether shoulder length or under the chin, short hair that is cut and styled right can be sexy, beautiful and adventurous. Be sure to choose a short haircut that complements your face shape, hair type and personal style.
- Get a bob: You might have your sights set on another type of short haircut—enter the bob. Bob haircuts are easy to style and require little effort to maintain. They can be adjusted to be edgy or clean and simple, and are a style that looks good on just about every face shape and hair type.
- Change your hair color: Whether you decide to get a new haircut or just a trim, you can change your look with a fresh new color. Either color all your hair completely or opt for face-brightening highlights. If you’re not sure what would look best for your face and skin tone, speak with your hairstylist first.
If you are in the mood for a dramatic change to your hair and want a rundown of the best new hairstyles in Palatine, IL, reach out to Claude Thomas Salon & Spa. Call us today with questions or to schedule an appointment!
Categorised in: Hairstyle