Your skin does a whole lot of work to protect you, so it’s important you repay it in kind by giving it the protection and rejuvenation it needs to stay healthy.
There are a variety of types of spa treatments you can undergo to keep your skin looking and feeling great. Here are just a few examples of some of those types of skin treatments you might obtain from a spa in Palatine, IL:
- Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion is used to remove some light acne scars and age spots. This is one of the most popular anti-wrinkle treatments you’ll find at spas across the country, largely because it is quick and easy and doesn’t require inpatient treatment. The doctor who performs the treatment uses a tool that sprays a series of small crystals onto the skin’s surface. These crystals exfoliate the layers of the skin. While this is happening, there’s a simultaneous suction tool used to remove the crystals from the skin, bringing up the dead skin cells with them. Multiple microdermabrasion treatments are generally needed to get the best results, but you can count on it being one of the simplest forms of anti-wrinkle treatment available.
- Laser resurfacing: Laser skin resurfacing involves the removal of the outer layers of the skin that have sustained damage, such as scarring and spots. During the procedure, the production of new skin cells and collagen is stimulated in the layers of the skin below the surface layer. This process is used for reducing and eliminating wrinkles and fine lines on the neck and face.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels are another form of treatment used on the face to rejuvenate the skin. They help to correct some irregularities that show up in the skin’s texture, including sun spots, color issues and other fine lines. You can obtain these peels in varying strengths based on the acids that are used in the chemical solution.
- Thermage: This is a non-exfoliating type of facial rejuvenation technique that focuses on tightening and contouring the skin on the neck and face. This is accomplished with the use of a radio frequency tool that gets passed over the face, keeping the tip in contact with the surface of the skin. Those radio waves heat up the underlying layers of the skin, encouraging the production of new collagen. It can be used to treat all types of skin with no downtime.
- Laser skin rejuvenation: This is a more advanced wrinkle removal procedure that uses infrared light to tighten the skin in a non-surgical setting. The heat goes down to the underlying layers of the skin to encourage the production of new collagen and generally make the skin look tighter. This procedure is a favorite among patients, as it does not result in any downtime and does not require the use of anesthesia.
For more information about the various types of skin rejuvenation treatments available to you at our spa in Palatine, IL, please reach out to the team at Claude Thomas Salon & Spa today.
Categorised in: Spa