Everyone needs a haircut every once in a while, but finding the right hair salon in Palatine, IL isn’t always easy. It’s important to find a salon that you like, not to mention a hairdresser who is able to give you the kind of style you are looking for. In some cases, you might not know whether a salon is the right choice for you or not until you actually give it a try. Unfortunately, at this point, you might have already gotten service that you’re not completely thrilled about. To avoid an unsatisfying service experience, it’s a good idea to keep an eye out for red flags at a hair salon in Palatine, IL:
- Informally trained stylists: When you go to a salon, it’s important that you know whether the stylists who are going to be cutting and coloring your hair are trained to do so. Make sure that the stylists at the hair salon you go to are certified and that they have plenty of experience cutting hair.
- A dirty salon: If you walk into a salon and you’re met with overflowing garbage cans, products spilled on the floor and dirty bathrooms, feel free to walk right back out the door. A dirty salon shows a lack of care for customers and proper sanitation. If a salon doesn’t seem to care about the impression that you get when you walk in, it’s likely that they might not provide you with the quality service that you are looking for.
- Subpar products and tools: A salon with malfunctioning hairdryers or expired products is not a salon you want to go to. Products and tools that are in bad condition can actually do serious damage to your hair.
- Messy floors: Even though some hair on the floor is to be expected at a hair salon in Palatine, IL after a client has received a cut, an abundance of piles of hair on the floor is a red flag. Salon employees should be sweeping up hair as necessary to maintain a clean and safe appearance for guests.
- Uncomfortable or broken chairs: Depending on the complexity of the haircut or color that you are getting, you may be sitting for hours on end. The last thing you want to do is wind up stuck in a salon chair that is broken or uncomfortable. A good salon will take your comfort into consideration and ensure that chairs are kept in good condition.
Don’t waste your time at a salon that’s messy, or one with untrained stylists. Instead, come into Claude Thomas Salon & Spa for a relaxing and comfortable experience receiving styling services from a knowledgeable team. We understand how important it is to maintain the comfort and appearance of our hair salon in Palatine, IL, which is why we prioritize the maintenance and care of our salon space. Our experienced team offers a long list of services, including hair design, makeovers, facials and body wraps, just to name a few. Call us for assistance with scheduling your appointment!
Categorised in: Hair Salon