Skin care techniques date back hundreds of years, with many men and women desiring to age beautifully and remove signs of wrinkles, scars and discoloration on their skin. From laser treatments to peels, there are many ways to combat aging skin. One of the newest and most popular methods, though, is called microneedling.
At Claude Thomas Salon & Spa, we keep up with the latest trends for facials in Palatine, IL and have grown to love the microneedling technique. This method is not only natural, but also extremely effective. If you’re interested in reducing signs of wrinkles, scarring or other skin problems, read on to see if microneedling is the right technique for you.
What is microneedling?
Microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy, is a minimally invasive technique used by skin care professionals to rejuvenate aging skin and reduce discoloration, sun damage and acne scarring. The method utilizes very fine needles to create invisible wounds on the top-most layer of skin, which triggers the body’s natural healing process.
First, inflammation of the skin occurs, causing the body’s immune system to begin disinfecting the wounds and creating new tissue. The wound is then rebuilt with new cells, collagen and elastic, which is instrumental in creating youthful looking skin. Finally, the area is replaced with new tissue, blood vessels and collagen, tightening the skin and reducing signs of aging.
The entire process can take between 30 and 60 minutes, depending on the size of the areas being treated, and is virtually painless. Between 3 and 7 days after the process, the patient should see rejuvenated-looking skin.
Microneedling is becoming an increasingly popular technique due to its natural process and good results.
Benefits of microneedling
Microneedling offers patients a variety of benefits that set it apart from other facial treatments:
- Reduces signs of aging: The main benefit of microneedling is that it helps combat signs of aging and skin damage, including wrinkles, loose skin, acne scars, sun damage and discoloration.
- Works on all skin types: Unlike some facial treatments, microneedling is able to work on all skin types. This makes it far more versatile for both the professional and at-home markets.
- Applicable to all body parts: Microneedling is not only designed for your face. You can also have it done on other parts of your body, such as your arms or thighs, in order to reduce acne scarring or stretch marks.
- Minimal risk of scarring or infection: The process of microneedling works with your body’s natural processes, reducing the amount of chemicals or topical treatments necessary to promote new skin cells. It also has an extremely low risk of scarring or infection, meaning you can worry less about additional damage and spend more time enjoying the results!
- Professional and at-home treatments available: There are options for people to purchase microneedling rollers for at-home use, if desired. However, we recommend going to a professional to learn more about the process and receive the best results. Professionals often have access to longer needles, which can help repair deeper damage.
If you’re interested in microneedling, call Claude Thomas Salon & Spa and set up an appointment for facials in Palatine, IL! Our full-service salon offers a wide variety of hair, spa and makeup services to help you look and feel your best. We are dedicated to the latest techniques and available products, so you know you’ll be in good hands. Call today!
Categorised in: Facials