- Uncertified and inexperienced hairstylists. Those thousands of hours spent in cosmetology school will not only pay off in the long run, but help to prevent a hair disaster.
- Mislabeled products. If the bottle of hair conditioner is actually filled with a chemical relaxer, then you’ll be in major trouble.
- Overloaded electrical outlets. This is unsafe, scary and potentially shocking.
- Broken chairs. Isn’t the whole point of settling into the stylist’s chair to actually “settle”?Comfort is a huge part of the salon experience.
- Leaky shampoo bowls. This is a slip-and-fall lawsuit waiting to happen, not to mention one of the reasons we sometimes end up with soaking shirts after getting shampooed.
- Floors covered in hair. We’re pretty sure that hairstylist and TV personality Tabatha Coffey would agree that there’s no excuse for a dirty salon. It only takes a few seconds to grab a broom and sweep.
- Dark and moldy bathrooms. We’ve come across some questionable salon bathrooms over the years, but an unkempt washroom is all it takes for us to grab our purse and go.
- Poor air quality. Strong nail fumes and nail dust on everything. Look for a salon that has good hair venting
- Shady sanitation. Improper removal or build-up of trash can lead to unwelcome visitors (read: rodents and roaches).
Categorised in: Uncategorized