You wanted long, attractive lashes, so you added eyelash extensions. They looked great at first, but now they are falling out. Why? There could be several reasons why your eyelash extensions are falling out. Check the following list of reasons for eyelash extensions falling out to determine if any of these issues might be present:
- Lash shedding: Your eyelashes naturally shed based on their life cycle. Sometimes, several lashes reach their final stage at the same time. When these lashes shed all at once, your extensions may struggle to stay in place.
- Medical issues: Certain medical conditions affect the growth and health of your eyelashes. If you receive chemotherapy or have a thyroid condition, for example, these can result in eyelash extensions falling out.
- Your diet: Vitamin deficiencies can lead to weak, brittle lashes. If your diet is unhealthy, your lashes may not hold the extensions in place very well.
- Mascara use: The ingredients in mascara can weaken the adhesive on the eyelash extensions. If you use mascara often, it can also build up on your natural lashes and damage them. This will also make it harder for the extensions to stay in place.
- Oil: Oils can cause eyelash extensions to lose their adhesion. This may be oil that is naturally present in the body or that is contained in products you use.
- The weather: A humid environment can affect how well your extensions cure. A hot and humid season can also cause you to sweat more, which brings more oil into your eyelashes. Heavy winds can also cause your eyes to water more, which can affect your eyelash extensions.
- Dirty lashes: If you do not thoroughly clean your eyelashes, they become clogged. The dirt and debris cause your follicles to clog, which leads to lash shedding and stunted lash growth. Without healthy lashes to attach the extensions to, you will notice eyelash extensions falling out.
- Sleep: Do you sleep on your side or stomach? Sleeping with your face on the pillow can be one of the reasons for eyelash extensions falling out. Try sleeping on your back to keep your extensions in place.
- Touching: Frequent touching of your lashes can transfer oils from your fingers to your lashes. The touching can also cause tangles. For best results, try to refrain from touching your eyelash extensions.
- Lifespan: The lifespan of eyelash extension adhesives varies. Some last one week, while others last up to eight weeks. Once you reach the end of that timespan, it is common to experience eyelash extensions falling out.
- Poor application: There is a right way and a wrong way to apply eyelash extensions. Be sure to visit an experienced stylist for assistance with selecting the best extensions for your lashes and to apply them the correct way.
Get long-lasting lashes
For optimal results from your eyelash extensions, visit the experts at Claude Thomas Salon & Spa. We offer a full range of services and products to help you look and feel your best. Reach us today at 847-705-5999 to schedule your professional consultation.
Categorised in: Eyelash Extensions