Eyelash extensions can enhance any look, and they’re becoming increasingly popular. If you have eyelash extensions, or you’re planning on getting them sometime soon, it’s important to understand how to properly handle eyelash extension maintenance so you can extend the longevity of your extensions and keep them looking great for as long as possible.
Eyelash maintenance tips and tricks
During the summer months, high heat, increased activity and exposure to water during swimming can wreak havoc on eyelash extensions, causing them to fall out sooner. Thankfully, there are plenty of things people can do to minimize harm to eyelash extensions and boost their longevity. Here are some of the best tips to maintain eyelash extensions in summer:
- Minimize sweat: One of the most important aspects of lash extension maintenance is to keep sweat away from them as much as possible. The salt and oils contained in sweat can cause damage to lash extensions, leading to lash loss.
- Cleanse daily: Keeping lashes clean is key to keeping your extensions in the best condition possible. Use an oil-free makeup remover product to cleanse your eyes at the end of the day. Apply the makeup remover to a cotton pad and completely remove all eyeliner, eyeshadow and mascara to minimize any damage caused by extensions.
- Avoid high heat: Another important aspect of eyelash extension maintenance is to minimize exposure to high heat. While you might not be able to stay out of the heat completely during the summer, try your best to minimize heat exposure. It’s especially important to stay away from heat sources like barbecues or fire pits that produce extremely high heat.
- Take extra precautions after swimming: Chlorine and salt in water can cause some of the same problems for eyelash extensions that sweat does. With that in mind, it’s very important to take extra precautions after swimming to make sure your eyelashes are protected. If possible, avoid submerging your head so you can minimize the harm caused by exposure to pool water. If your eyelashes get wet while you’re swimming, cleanse them as soon as possible to remove any salt and chlorine that might damage your extensions.
- Keep up on fills and maintenance: Eyelash extensions must be regularly maintained and refilled to keep them looking like new. For the best results, get an appointment to have your eyelash extensions refilled every two to three weeks. If you’ve noticed that your eyelash extensions are coming out more rapidly than usual, make an earlier appointment and ask your technician about how to boost the lifespan of your extensions.
Eyelash extension maintenance
For professional help with eyelash extension maintenance this summer and beyond, reach out to the team at Claude Thomas Salon & Spa. We offer comprehensive salon services, including lash extensions and extension maintenance. For over 25 years, we have been dedicated to providing the highest quality salon services to our clients. If you have any questions about our services, or you’d like to schedule an appointment, just give us a call today!
Categorised in: Eyelash Extensions